“Let our communication be a balm which relieves pain
and a fine wine which gladdens hearts.” – Pope Francis
Hello. My name is Angela Sealana. Someone once wrote me, “You are a jewel in this world – a beautiful reflection of Christ’s love. In your gentle way, you change lives by simply being present. You are intelligent, creative, and wise.” … On the flip side, people often tell me that I remind them of Daria.
Me & Catholic Media
Under my maiden name, Angela Santana, I ran angelus.tuus—one of the first digital apostolates providing graphic & web design services to Catholic organizations. My interest in serving the Church through media flourished in my late teens; I networked with likeminded folks and blogged my fledgling insights.
Since 2010, I’ve been working full-time in media & ministry for a Catholic evangelization apostolate in San Antonio, Texas. Whenever possible, I enjoy mentoring students through the internship program which I spearheaded.
I’m glad to welcome you here. Please enjoy this collection. Peace to you.
Bachelor of Arts: English Communication Arts summa cum laude, Honors Scholar, concentrating in Theology and in Marketing. Saint Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas – a Catholic and Marianist institution.
“New Media, New Evangelization: The Unique Benefits of New Media and Why the Catholic Church Should Engage Them.” 2010. Saint Mary’s University.
Speaking / Consulting Engagements Include –
- Consultation: Digital media and evangelization — University of Notre Dame, Institute for Church Life
- “How to be a new media missionary: Lessons from Mary, Star of the New Evangelization” — Catholic New Media Conference (SQPN) 2013
- “Marshall McLuhan for Catholic communicators” — Apostles in New Media mini-conference, Peter and Paul Ministries
- “Go Out and Be Disciples: The Role of Media in Faith” — Bibles and Brews series, St. Mary’s University
- “Podcasting production” & “Video production” — Workshops for Catholic teachers, Daughters of St. Paul’s Media Literacy Certification Week
- “One Gospel, One Goal” — New media seminar, Pilgrim Center of Hope
- “Lift Up Your Hearts” & “Woman as a Masterpiece of God” — Various Catholic women’s conferences / events