This post is the final installment in my Marshall McLuhan Monday (MMM) series. Thanks to all you who’ve chimed into MMMs. What would you like to see me post about next? Got any Catholic media or ministry questions? I’d love to hear from you here.
Yesterday would’ve been his 102nd birthday. MMMs have been such fun for me, as I hope they’ve been for you. After pondering how I’d conclude this epic blog series, I decided to re-iterate my presentation “Marshall McLuhan for Catholic Communicators” that was part of the Apostles in New Media Mini-Conference by Peter & Paul Ministries. In it, I answer the following:
- Who was Marshall McLuhan?
- Why should I care?
- What did he say about media?
- Why should Catholics care?
- What does this have to do with evangelization?
If you’ve missed some of these blog posts, you can browse through the MMM tag. I’ll let the man himself take us out… Happy birthday, friend. I hope we’ll feast together at the eternal banquet.
- Official Marshall McLuhan Site
- Marshall McLuhan Speaks
- Dr. Eric McLuhan
- Marshall McLuhan on Twitter
- McLuhan Program in Culture and Technology